There are several tried and tested ways to clean carpets, of which the most popular and effective carpet cleaner is by using a steam cleaner. This is really a worthwhile option to consider if you need thorough and deep cleaning of your carpet. The steam cleaning method is also known as the Hot Water Extraction (HWE) process and is one of the best carpet cleaners you could ever opt for.
The Steam Cleaning Process
Most carpet cleaning services use this technique to clean carpets professionally-
- The steam cleaner method involves pre – vacuuming to remove all dry particulate matter.
- Spraying of a cleaning solution on the entire carpet to break down tough and stubborn oils and greasy materials
- An agitator like a rotary brush machine or a grooming rake is used to further clean up
- Once the dirt comes out, the carpet is thoroughly rinsed with pressured hot water coming out from a powerful wet vacuum.
- The dirty water is then carefully discarded
- After the rinse has been extracted, it is advisable to apply a high-quality carpet protector solution to maintain its sheen and to protect it from further damage.
- Thorough Cleaning
- A steam cleaner cleans a carpet inside out. That is why this method is often referred to as the deep cleaning method. Steam cleaning involves both dry as well as wet cleaning.
- Along with removing dust, sand lint. pet hair and more, it also takes of health damaging organisms like dust mites, fleas and other allergens like mold and fungus which may have set in. The intense heat from the steam takes care of all of these.
- A perfect combination of gentle detergents and steam work brilliantly on carpet stain removal by permanently removing old and new stains right from coffee to bloodstains.
- Long Lasting Benefits
- Carpets cleaned by professional carpet cleaners have a fresh look like that of a newly manufactured one due to the application of a high-quality carpet protector which helps maintain the original colors and texture of your carpets.
- Time consuming
- This process of professional carpet cleaning though thorough is very time -consuming as it involves a lot of steps. In each step, the cleaning process requires time. The waiting period between each step also requires a lot of time for drying etc.
- Potentially Hazardous
- Due to intense pressure, heat and steam, in the long run, this steam cleaning process may cause damage to delicate carpet fibers or even affect the carpet base. In some cases, the carpet may pill and may not look as attractive as when it was bought.
- If the steam and water are not dried out completely the carpet may end up getting infested with mold and mildew.
- The equipment used in this process is expensive, so if done at home it may add to multiple recurring costs like the basic machinery, other additional equipment, detergents and conditioner, carpet protecting solution and more. In case you decide to get it done through professional cleaners they too may charge heavily because of the high costs involved plus the labor and commuting charges.
Despite all the cons, using a steam cleaner option by hiring the best carpet cleaning companies will make your expensive and prized carpet clean and make it look as good as new too.